PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radiation Warning
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 12:06
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Londonsloop
have listened twice now to the CNN link provided by his masters voice and didn’t hear the Commissioner say that the number 4 reactor was empty.
Arr, yes, but did that mean it was full? No. Guess what, it was empty. If he's the expert, he would have known that. To not mention it was grossly misleading (perhaps he did but the vaunted CNN edited it out because it would have gone a long way to demolishing the drama-level of the story).

Originally Posted by Londonsloop
the more envious I am about those safely ensconced down under in a nuclear free country.
And I would be quite happy being in Tokyo right now.

Originally Posted by GlobalMaster
Are you a 'professional' paid to hose down publically reported concerns, or do you just like to personally affront people for the hell of it?
I'm a lowly pilot interested in the facts. Publicly reported concerns? "Full meltdown of the No 4 reactor?" That's not a concern, that's plain, unadulterated rubbish. I'll affront anybody spreading rubbish, nonsense and furphies. And I won't apologise for it.

Hopefully those who read this forum have gathered that all is probably not what it seems and are doing some research before making up their mind.
Good idea.

At this point both the primary and secondary containment vessels at the Fukushima nuclear reactor #4 are breached.
I have just read, in it's entirity, the transcript of the hearing you linked to in your first post and I cannot find one word that even remotely supports your wild and ridiculous claims. Upon what information did you base your claim that the No 4 reactor was in "full meltdown"?

To my mind, these things are a bit like aircraft accidents; all sorts of red-herrings, furphies and theories flying around just after, but in the cold hard light of day after the dust has settled (!), valuable lessons can be learned and nuclear, the power of the future, will be even safer.

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 20th Mar 2011 at 12:30.