PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's moderating "Military Aircrew"?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2002, 08:54
Wholigan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ali, I think you'll find that nobody is "moderating" the Mil Forum as such. The decision has been made on many occasions that we do not want/need a formal moderator, as we mostly manage to "police" ourselves very effectively. However, if a thread attracts the attention of Danny - or any of the other senior moderators - for reasons that may cause difficulties legally or otherwise, then Danny (quite rightly) reserves the right to move or remove that thread. Similarly, if a thread starts to get into too much personal abuse or circular, unproductive arguments about nothing, then this is seen as a waste of precious band-width, which could be used more productively. Moreover, if individuals make an unacceptable nuisance of themselves, Danny et al also reserve the right to prevent them turning this set of forums into a place that people would not wish to visit. So - I suppose - the answer is that, although the Mil forum is not formally moderated, it still needs to stay within the rules of acceptability laid down by the owners.

Finally, the originator of a thread can delete it, or the mod squad can close, remove or lock it. Nobody else can do anything to it except add comments.

Sorry Danny if I've mis-read any of your intentions in any of this . Guess if I have that means I'll have to buy you more beer