PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions for the guru's
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 23:36
Zeppelin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions for the guru's

A couple of months ago purchased a new laptop running Win 7.

Initially everything loading quickly, though naturally added a few programs and things have slowed... not massively but noticeably so questions are..

1. Something is slowing the loading of start up and pages on internet, is there a way of knowing what it is?

2.I recently upgraded to IE9 and thought this coincided with the problem. Previously on xp if you wanted to restore there was a choice going back maybe 3 months, on win 7 it only gives about 4 days, am i missing something?

3. I've been into 'action centre'> maintanance and check for solutions and always get ' ms will notify when a solution is found'. Does this mean my problems are unique!?

4. Sometimes when I open a window it is minimized and I have to use the expand icon, is there a way of always making a window full screen on opening?

Finally, sorry guys! In outlook 2010, I have the boxs ticked so that it checks for emails every 5 mins and is meant to notify me when an email is incoming (offline and online) however when outlook is minimized nothing seems to happen as when it is reopened suddenly there are 10 emails . My thinking was that as each email is recieved it would notify. I do have a sound alert activated.

Any thoughts on my problems? .... Computer related will do for the mo, thanks