PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YouTube Ads
Thread: YouTube Ads
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 23:17
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Embedded yes but it still has to be downloaded as a separate SWF file from the server and then be played by the users Flash Player software.
You're very much teaching granny how to suck eggs here. I was trying to keep things simple for the sake of the original poster.

AdBlock Plus will let you click on Flash images and block them individually based on a rule that is created.
Erm yes... but the YouTube adverts are not images, they are short snippets before the main event. Does your beloved AdBlock Plus block these ?

Another Firefox add-on is Flash Block which will stop all flash content from being downloaded
Erm, you're missing the point. He wants to view the YouTube movie, just not the ads. Stopping all flash content is a bit useless in that respect.

Hopefully Flash will die a death as it is the scourge of websites.
With built in features in HTML5,there will be less of a need for Flash (which Apple have openly stated they will never ever support?).
Whatever you say. Flash is quite widely deployed, web developers quite like it, so I don't see it dying a sudden death any time soon.

I suspect your beloved HTML5 will suffer from the same advertisement issues when it's streaming stuff.