PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIBYA (Merged) Use this thread ONLY
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 22:21
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far on the news all I have seen is an aircraft flown by the rebel’s crash. A lot of people are saying that the peace fire has been broken………but by whom.

A few other points, as shown on the news:

What is the difference between the civilians on Gadhafi’s side, to the civilians on the rebel’s side? If you watch ALL of the news reports you will see that Col G does have a fair amount of civilian support. And don’t tell me it is all propaganda from Gadhafi.

Is this fight to give people democracy? Is it to save civilian lives? What the hell is it about? We really are sticking our noses into an internal problem this time and using terms such as civilian casualties and democracy to justify it.

Finally, by the way 52 more civilians in Yemen and a further 10 in Bahrain killed today. These are the same civilians who are demonstrating because they want democracy.

Don’t get me wrong Gaddafi is yet another evil man that needs to go, but we are doing this all the wrong way.

Pr00ne

No other country is attacking their own civilian population like Gadaffi is
Yes they are, it just so happens that it is on a slightly smaller scale and the countries involved happen to be friends with us. Oh and half of the African states, but we also choose to do nothing about that.

Last edited by SRENNAPS; 19th Mar 2011 at 22:42.