PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jQ A330 on ground OOL
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 22:12
breakfastburrito

Location: On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone is zero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
40Deg, I will give you the benefit of the doubt with the jetlag, but your post is bordering on a "rant", and appears to be unreasonable. I don't see people suggesting that we abandon people in Japan. Questions, quite legitimately need to be raised in the manner of assistance to endanger the fewest. I gave you the hint, when I asked about shuttles vs slip for Hong Kong based operators. Shuttles from numerous locations in Asia could accomplish the goal of getting people out of Tokyo, minimising the exposure of crew to potential radiation hazzards. It would appear that initially j* did not plan for this, causing a great deal of concern by the crew.

Now that both j* & qf are operating into Tokyo, as shuttles, why are you still re-posting about crew abandoning others? They aren't. Radiation exposure is a legitimate concern, particularly for those who may wish to have children in the future. With very little information or knowledge, and the possibility of being stuck in the city for an extended period of time why did j* put them in this position in the first place, when a multitude of alternatives existed? Cost. Is it the crew or the company that is the problem here? I don't see you posting any questions about j* (mis)management of this situation, you drop it all back on the crew.