PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin skywest ties go deeper
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 21:52
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I think by far the most serious problem with Cadetships in Australia, is we do not need them. This is not Europe. This is not Asia!

The old QF scheme, and please correct me if I'm wrong, was probably not that dissimilar to the process when applying for the RAAF. In so much as the candidate faced extremely tough competition for a most coveted apprenticeship, funded by the parent organisation, and a properly structured and lifetime career (if sucessful) was the end result. If they didn't cut the mustard, then they were culled.

Cadetships in Australia today are an abomination. They are simply there to make money, exploit the most exploitable, and in the process drive down the wages and conditions of all professional pilots (thereby making more money)!

It's been done to death of course, but if Cadetships in Australia were employed as an investment rather than as a Cash Cow, they would not exist.

Back on thread somewhat. What's the start date for these Skywest/DJ ATR's? July sometime? Pretty safe to say there won't be any Cadets in the cockpits. Anyone know who'll be crewing them?