PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo with more fake pilots
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 19:21
Jane-DoH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A380 Jockey

I personally know a young colleague of mine in Indigo who has privately informed me(on numerous instances,I might add),that a certain Capt. who was an executive with indigo for quite some time,had quite blatantly asked him and his colleagues to clear their ATP papers and if you can't-"contact this person,and he will do the needful"...with a name and a number scribbled on a piece of paper.
On contact,'this person' turned out to be a very close relative of this Capt. ,who claimed he had amazing 'contact's' with the Dgca and quite openly declared that he and could help 'generate' marksheets from the Dgca for a fee(of course).

I assume India has a higher incidence of aviation accidents than the US, UK, Canada, Australia and so forth?

This racket apparantely had been going on since the very inception of the company.
Completely endemic. That means the corruption is right to the core and is probably deeply entrenched.

I have a strong feeling that these names will crop up, as and when these fake pilots succumb to basic interrogation.Just a matter of time,i guess.
From my side,I can't confirm the authenticity of all of this,but can use my common sense to make some decent judgements....
Well, I hope this racket becomes exposed sooner than later. The problem with corruption this endemic and entrenched is that it is often quite capable of protecting itself.