PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 10:51
Avturbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Don't know what is worse... The fact that this industry is going towards the 'idea' of cadetship schemes.. after all that's all they are "SCHEMES" a way to make money.. simply put its easy for them to hire in house from kids with silver spoons in their mouths if they are willing to pay 35K for an A320 endorsement.. or 18k for a job to fly as an FO on a dash 8 with little to no progression in some time.

If I had a dollar for the number of pilots I know that disagree with these so said schemes... pilots that have already paid well above what we should be for a commercial pilot licence only to have to slug it out in GA for the hope of one day getting into an airline, I would have enough money to sue these hypocritical, money hungry, business fed companies and make the Australian public aware of the ongoing and continued safety risks that are imposed by adding a kid, more so with 200 hrs flying a jet capable of putting it on the ground when.. like the incident on the DHL a321 that lost all hydraulics and with the added safety net of and experience crew landed safely with little but not controlability... now add into the equation a 200 hr cadet pilot that doesnt know how to spell the word situational awareness let alone have the experience to apply CRM...which being implemented in ATPL flight exams must mean that it is an important attribute to have..?! no?

Bottom line if the media.. which they do in many areas had as much pull as they could have to spread the word on these issues that are currently being descussed I would happily take these 1000+ posts and send them to ACA god only knows that a real story like this should be trumped on the news for who has the cheaper groceries in your suburb?!

aviation... started from a simple 6o sec flight in history through passion but will evidently end as how could the wright brothers done what they did but reducing the cost...