PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Double Engine Removal for Kulula at Lanseria
Old 19th Mar 2011, 04:16
Contract Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now as much as I do enjoy partaking in a little friendly banter with my spanner wielding comrades, I do think that a line needs to be firmly drawn in the sand here.... and as this is a rumor network, I can only go by what I was told on the apron today, moments before I had to drag my sorry arse into the air for another epic battle with the elements on a godless trip into the unknown, that has ended with me in one piece and a not so healthy aircraft in the middle of a rather unforgiving desert for an unspecified period of time. The life of a contract dog is at best unforgiving, but I digress. From what I was told today, is that said aircraft (rumor network!) was inbound and lost an engine and as any good company would do, a replacement was sent, said replacement also lost an engine on the way in. This created a rather large problem but easily solved buy our trusty beasts of burden, both f@#%d donkeys were taken away and the 2 good ones put onto the good a/c. question is, where are the engines now? and if this was in fact the scenario, why were there no reports in a local paper about the obligatory death plummet and stalling of the engine resulting of the suddenly falling out of the sky of the metallic bird???? If I am honest, I think the engineers must have f@#$ed up again and management is covering for the bastards to make the flight crew look bad so that they can drop our salaries. It makes seance!

Dog (wiff a tung in va cheek!)