PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice Please
Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2011, 02:15
MasonKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice Please

I would like to start off asking that I am truly asking for help, I am a young pilot, and am asking many of you on here to help me out with a problem that I am not quite sure how to handle.

I will give you the basics of the situation for I would rather not go to in detail for the obvious reasons. To start out, I am a 180 hour pilot ish. I have my commercial and am working on my CFI one of my former instructors left my school to work for a different company who has a fairly bigger operation as far as schools go. My old instructor just received a new job flying in the ditch, and gave me a very good reference with his employer. They respect him enough I guess for they offered me a job as soon as I finish my CFI which I hope to get in a few weeks.
Now the problem is most of the people who have left my school, seem to burn a bridge just for the fact that they left, even if it was on good terms. I know how close knit this industry is, and I don’t want to get a bad reputation because I left. It truly is a better position for me due to the fact there will be quite a few CFIs at my schools, and not that many students. The place I am looking at averages around 70 to 80 hours a month per CFI.
I hope that my skills will show that I am a good pilot. Now I say that and I know that you all are smirking, but when I say skills, I am not meaning I am God’s gift to aviation, I mealy am stating that I am a safe no risk taking pilot, I do not fly if I don’t get that warm and fuzzy before I leave. I have a lot to learn, and I always have a very attentive ear when it comes to those who try and show me something new. I am not a cocky “I can fly anything cause I fly the R-22” I consider myself very humble, but I am scared that someone may ask where I trained and know the owner, then he may or may not have something to say negative.
What advice do you guys have?