PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sept 14th Anniversary of Ansett Demise-Reunions
Old 13th Sep 2002, 01:35
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoleVaulter: Nah, mate, fair go, even for him. It appears that he and I met at the AN Sim Centre one day during the Engineers' picket-line blockade last year, when I apparently upset him by refusing to follow their example and blockade the Garden Drive base. His attitude is that I am a "scab-lover" because of my approach, irrespective of the fact that we were asked by the Administrators to continue operations as we were the only operation in the company still generating income for the rest.
My upset is from his e-mail to me enlightening me as to his objections, instead of telling me "face-to-face" at the time. I have no intention of getting excessively aggro with him, I'd just like the opportunity to state my case eye to eye, as it were.
Anyone who knows me is, by now, well aware of my beliefs about 1989, I've never been reticent about them, but there are some people who paint themselves into a corner and then cannot see a way out without losing face. Good on them, if that is their wont, but please don't let them foist their attitudes upon those of us who carried on. We each made our respective beds, now just lat us lie in them, hopefully not alone!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.