PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bring Back the Carrier
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2011, 18:11
MG

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Draken55

I'm only fixated on the Harrier/carrier issue because that's what the article mentioned!
Secondly, who says we can't launch Apache from a warship? We do still have Ocean and Lusty; even if they are alongside (I'm not sure as to their exact status) we have never lost, nor do we plan to lose, the capability to deploy a tailored air group from an LPD or equivalent.
Finally, just because Gaddafi as said he's going to have a ceasefire, do you think all of those likely to offer HNS will just fall into line and turn us away? Hmmm?!

Not a Boffin: some very good points re the need for a proper carrier and why we need a range of capabilities.
I've just read Sharky Ward's ditty. Why did he bother? We all know that if he was el Presidente, the Forces would all wear dark blue. Where did he get the availability of E3 from? And aren't SKaSACs in theatre? If so, how come they can be called on and not the E3s?? Is it time for his tablets yet?!

Now, all, can we just, for once, pretend that we don't have Harriers anymore and talk about what we do have? Capable Tornados and Typhoons.

Last edited by MG; 18th Mar 2011 at 18:28.