PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2011, 14:25
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks,
What always amazes me about all this is the idea that flying in CTL is some big deal.

Equally amazingly, except more so, is that "flying in CTA" isn't automatically part of any normal basic flying training, as per most of the rest of the known aviation universe.

And, pleeeeze don't start claiming that having a PPL medical is because a Drivers License standard medical isn't good enough, when driving to or from the airfield and having an incapacitating event is going to be far more dangerous to the general public.

Having flown around UK, most of western Europe (including landing at major airfields) , and parts of US on my original UK PPL, only when I got back to Australia did I find that flying CTA was some big deal that required special additional training and checking.

That's all a long time ago, but bugger all has changed in Australia, reading the posts on this thread, most of you ( with several honorable exceptions) don't seem to have any idea that it could all be quite different --- and a bloody sight better for all involved.

The idea that about half the active pilots in Australia cannot fly along the Australian coastline is ludicrous.

But it never will be better, while you all fight these silly battles amongst each other.

Tootle pip!!