PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MRA4 end of an era & the end of Woodford
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2011, 11:18
F3sRBest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jabba,

Thanks for the response and it's good to see a reasoned opinion for once on here. I totally understand where you are coming from and that is precisely the problem. The lack of understanding of what happens in the private sector is one of the key issues that drives the problems we currently have on acquisition programmes.

Having sat on both sides of the fence, I am in do doubt that both sides share some of the blame, and actually, the misperceptions of what happens 'on the other side' (driven by the simple fact that we don't communicate well!) are key to that.

I, like you, have no facts on Dassault, but I suspect French shareholders and the 'French City' would be very unhappy with Dassault keeping assets, stock and infrastructure on its books and draining its balance sheet.

If you were spending your own money would you pour it down the drain to support a Customer who has no money and doesn't know what he wants from one day to the next?

The whole acquisition process needs a shake up - let's hope Bernard Grey is allowed to do it. His recent comments to the HCDC were very informative!

Last edited by F3sRBest; 18th Mar 2011 at 11:19. Reason: can't speel