PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening about those with UK CPLs/ATPLs with permanent IMC privileges?
Old 18th Mar 2011, 10:09
BillieBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there's every reason to suspect that the EIR Death Rating most certainly is.
It is to the EIR that I was referring. Despite the work being done on behalf of the IMC Rating, the balance of support in EASA is still with the EIR and there remains a very real risk that it wil be adopted.
We don't know yet - the actual proposals won't appear until June 2011.
As I said
This would be insufficient; there must be categoric assurance that anyone who holds, or has held, IMCR privileges will be permitted to revalidate/renew them as and when.
That may well be the final outcome but, equally, it may not. My point is that the €urocrat is a devious and untrustworthy beast and nothing that he says should be taken at face value. We cannot assume that the IMC rating will survive in its present form, or at all, although the hope clearly is that it will.
Page 9 of 35 - 6.2 is surely encouraging isn't it?
Not really, it describes a laudable aspiration and the last UK government showed us how much they are worth. It certainly does not justify your previous interpretation that the IMC Rating will be valid on EASA aircraft.