PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2011, 09:58
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on jq62 a few months back and the level of English on the cabin crew was abysmal. The guy doing the announcements read it parrot fashion so much so I swear he did not understand what he was saying. I was fortunate that I had the A321 exit seat with lots of leg room. I was not only asked to open the exit in the event of an emergency but rather assist the cabin crew and provide assistance for them to get out of the aircraft I'd necessary. Bugger that, any problem requiring an evacuation and I'm gone!!!

Anyway:

I wouldn't be surprised if Immigration Officials (given that they have offices at international ports of entry) will be standing at the JQ62 and return leg domestic gates in Melbourne and Darwin over the next few days to check crew immigation status. For Aus citizens or PR it will not be a problem!!

Fines, jail terms and exclusion periods are significant for breach of Visa conditions.

I took advantage of the 'dob-in' line!!!! I would encourage others to do the same as it is the duty of every citizen to protect our country and our jobs!!

Immigration didn't seem too chuft that it was alledged to be happenning right under their noses, or so to speak!