PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airborne Radiation Threat
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2011, 06:32
superfrozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Arfur farks sake

They're "getting out of dodge" because ill-informed scare-mongering speculators are filling the airwaves & sucking up bandwidth with trite nonsense, based on little more than (a complete lack of) armchair expertise and an unhealthy obsession with the latest "update" from some imbecilic blogger.

Statements such as "No such thing as a healthy dose of radiation..." are a prime example of just the sort ignorance that is leading to panicked and ultimately pointless salt & potassium iodine tablet sales.

So you're happy to sit in a veritable sea of RF everyday of your life?!?
Surely you don't use wi-fi or go where there is any?? Of course, you may know the difference between ionising & non-ionising radiation, but then...
Never turn on the weather radar I hope...??
After all, you're intimately familiar with the propagation of sidelobes from planar and phased array T/Rs right?!?!
Perhaps you understand the fundamentals of alpha/beta/gamma/x-ray radiation and their respective differences?
Well, at least you refuse to do polar flights?
TELL me you don't eat bananas??

Fark me, being "macho" has nothing to do with it. It's about opening a book once in a while and learning something. People need to put down their "People" magazines and open a ^&*king science book. The world will thank you for it. It prevents us from becoming panicked SARs-esque screaming, sky-is-falling chicken littles.

The ONLY reason people are lemming(-ing?!) their way to Narita is because of the basic human emotion of FEAR overriding their rational decision making. There is the potential for deaths from this incident, but at the moment they're more than likely to come from hysterical stampeding caused by fear mongering morons.

We're just lucky the Japanese are calm and know how to queue.