PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2011, 04:01
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody bags J* for cadets then Virgin announces them and its hailed as a beginning of safety?
Personally, I don't have an issue with cadets in general. In a former life I used to train them, & as a result many of my ill-informed prejudices against them were knocked on the head. What I initially thought were a bunch of snotty-nosed, high school whiz-kids who'd been afforded a career fast-track opportunity without ever getting their hands dirty in the real world, were in fact (for the most part) a group of very mature, hard-working young men & women who were very self-conscious of their position in the food chain, & very motivated to get it right & not stuff up. Sure, there were the occasional bad apples, as with any group, but many of them surprised me with their intellect, skill & ability, in spite of lacking the experience. In saying that, I'm not trying to shoot down the GA veterans who've done the hard yards & are just as deserving of an opportunity as anyone else, but I was one who used to be very anti-cadet - until I was forced to work with them, & it just so happens some of them proved to be outstanding pilots.

But getting back to the topic: I don't think there is as much of an issue with the J* cadets, as there is an issue with the T&C's & downright devious methods J* management (& their partners in crime) have gone about implementing the scheme in the first place.