PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic restrictions 2012
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 18:32
ChippyChop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with CRAZYBROADSWORD about the thinking of the authorities. I too had to complete the ridiculus GAR form for Cheltenham, what an embarrassment for successful business types taking their clients into the races having to get passport numbers and addresses when the rif raf just drive in and could take a much larger bomb than we could manange to carry with max pax and only enough fuel to get there!!

The crazies will always find a way to do their damage and they won't follow the rules of engagement. Putting blanket bans on only stops the law abiding. As best I can see it at the moment the UK public transport helicopter sector is on its knees in the UK. If this summer doesn't improve a lot of people are going to lose their jobs and what was once a fantastic business will be ruined by excessive costs brought about mainly by over regulation.

Perhaps we'll all be able to sell our engines to drive generators, 'cos most likely the authorities will now decide nuclear energy is too dangerous in the UK due to the threat of a Tsunami!! My thoughts are with those poor souls in Japan.