PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I knocked back Cathay
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 16:41
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers.... But am only stating what anyone considering a life changing decision should consider.

First let me start by stating I firmly believe in a pilot solidarity and unity via an organised representative structure. I (like most of us I assume) have been following the CX saga religiously via GMO, DFO and AOA updates, as well as very close friends at CX disgusted at what it's become. Pilot solidarity? Has it ever existed?!!!! As strong and alive as is the Tooth Fairy.

The AOA
The same body who put DEFO recruitment to the vote, was all but unanimously voted against, then approved it anyway?
The same body who allowed management to laugh them off for how many years without pay increase remotely close to CPI influences? (While the DFO, etc enjoyed pay rises of >65%!?)
The same body who threatened Contract Compliance in a desperate effort to get management to meet for pay negotiations, then had to work out and brief all on what CC for about 3 months?
The same body who settled (via their own recommendation and member majority vote) on approximately 1/3 of the increases they were "demanding" and agreed to not use CC as a means of pay dispute for the term of the agreement?
The same pilot body watching this fiasco of basings issues and tax drag on and on and on and on.....
The same pilot body openly discussing the CEP issue as C or D scale yet sat back and watched it happen?
The same body who approx 10 days-2 weeks after settling the latest pay negotiations with management saw the carpet pulled from under them via the Air HK Freight situation? And what are they doing about it now to protect their members' jobs? Horse bolted - again?
The same body who sat back and watched the likes of us overlooked for recruitment (true we were/are non members and not working for CX as such) in the place of naive others accepting this C/D scale? We were ASSURED by CX that we would be called in the order of success at Stage 2 of the process.
The same pilot body whereby SO's are desperately seeking to be elected to office because they are sick of the senior A and B scalers sitting back and protecting their own interests? Age 60 ring a bell anyone??

Where's the AOA? Probably revising a "plan of action" to be explored, written about, complained about till voted on by 2020.

So, who should we put faith in to protect our career? CX Management or AOA? Who's track record is better?

"If" I did join CX yes I would join the AOA. Part of the problem vs part of the solution. The exact same reason why I refuse to go through this insult to be reinterviewed for a job I never applied for.

Now "if" we all did stand together and refuse this (as we did but one the last time) then perhaps we could teach the AOA a lesson: from pilots not even at CX.