PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A pilot’s quest to remain at the top
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 15:45
engfireleft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe this is both the strength and flaw in your position. At first blush, it all sounds very grand and noble, "determining ones destiny" and whatnot. But did not every pilot at Air Canada "make their own decisions" to join based on the conditions offered to them? Did not until very recently, those conditions include mandatory retirement at age 60?

I was never asked if I agreed to retire at age 60. I was never asked to sign anything forfeiting my human rights.

Are you suggesting that by agreeing to work here we have no right to ask for changes to our contract? Are you saying that if we disagree with anything in our contract we are duty bound to vote it down or give up any right to try and change it in the next one?

That argument is often used by people trying to paint the FP60 group as unethical. But they conveniently forget the hundreds of other aspects to the working conditions they try to change all the time with no apparent ethical conflict. In otherwords it is complete self-serving hypocritical bull****.