PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 15:14
VintageKrug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have very clearly stated that I and anyone closely connected to me is not nor ever has been an employee in the travel industry, specifically BA, Burke Group, BAA etc. nor worked for BA in any way whatsoever (contractor etc.) and I hereby categorically state I am not "McCarthy" who I have since googled to learn was once an HR Director at BA.

Though I am told there has in the past been a whole thread on me on the BASSA forum which does seem somewhat paranoid and extreme, but if they prefer to waste time on conspiracy theories and people who post on internet bulletin boards while losing your membership and the argument, so be it.

I don't think one could make that anymore explicit unless I asked Stephen Fry to t w e e t it. At least Derek Simpson would get the message.

I would have no compuction whatsoever in raising the matter with the CO, however unlike the BASSAmentalists I am careful to assess the likelihood of success before heading in; at present Bw has stated the matter is being taken forward, has been directly in touch with BASSA and is personally entitled to view the accounts, and that avenue has the highest chance of success.

Again Litebulbs you don't seem to appreciate there is no allegation of financial wroingdoing; it is simply the act of refusing access to the accounts which is illegal.

But if BASSA members are content to throw money into BASSA without a care in the world, then they are completely entitled to do that. But was I a past or present member of any similar organisation I would be asking questions about where the £1.5m-£2m of annual subs went for the past five years, not to seek out fraud, but to assure myself all was well.

Just for interest's sake it would be interesting to ask the same question of BALPA; would the accounts be made available without issue?

BASSA has so far failed to do that, and that is illegal.