PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 11:34
bia botal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikehotel152

mate you sum it up beautifully, he's laughing at us, thinks he has us right where he wants us, and he's right(for the most part). So what can be done? forget unions for the most part, the speed at which ryr operate at they cant keep up or organize quick enough to counteract changes ryr make. IALPA are purely and simply a extension of aer lingus, any moves they make on behalf of ryr members will be done with a favorable outcome for aer lingus in mind. BALPA i know little about but given what has happened in the last 2 years in the uk that they where involved with shows little if any help. No doubt many will disagree with me as is there right but until we see some success in the workforce from people getting what they want and other realizing its possible through growing a pair then a united visible front will not work. The only way things will change is when ryr start to loose cash because of pilots shortages, at the moment the rumors of pay deals (and they are only rumors, but you can be sure they have been well planted) indicate to me anyway a head in the sand attitude to the numbers leaving and a typical MOL approach to things not going his way by indicating they he has no intentions of offer anything and we can all off. So for me the only thing left is a somewhat silent protest that should it be done by everyone might just get us some more attention. I'll not be doing one single thing to assist the operation beyond that that i am required, no to days off, no more answering blocked phone numbers, no using my phone to call op's or crewcontrol out of base. no excuses for delays, no showing up less than 45 mins before departure. etc etc. If we can get the workforce united on simple things as these maybe just maybe there might be a way back from the erosion that has occurred over the last 7 years.

Oh and facelookbothered, you are quite right in what you say, maybe if everyone read this they would have a better understanding of what drives the ryr machine, where they really make there money and how much they rely on turn over of not only aircraft. http://www.scribd.com/doc/44477013/I...-Scoop-Nov2010

Last edited by bia botal; 17th Mar 2011 at 11:48.