PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 11:07
Yorkshire-Pud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not as simple as that

I think what some of you underestimate is that there just isn't the capacity around for tour operators and the like to contract. You try finding a net rate at a decent price from some of the bigger players, not only that but believe it or not some of them turn down work because they don't have crews to crew their aircraft.

Some of them may not like working with TorAir/Viking etc, much in the same way I hate flying with Ryanair, but there are few choices also they have to consider as a commercial 'risk' it MAY be better to do so to facilitate them making money not necessarily on the seats per se but maybe on the holiday they are also flogging.

Much in the same way, from a crew perspective - it may actually suit some to be based somewhere near where they live as opposed to having a long commute or working away from 'home' - OK so they have to go figure whether working 6 months and only getting paid for 5 is an attractive proposition .....especially if this is the 3rd time !

Seems to me there are lots of cabin crew jobs around, the pilots may not be so lucky