PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 10:37
VintageKrug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite right.

There is no evidence or suggestion of fraud on the part of BASSA, but it is now in violation of the law for not permitting access for members and former members to its accounts within 28 days of being asked to do so.

This is being addressed by Bw who has made representations to the Certification Officer, setting out concerns, in response to BASSA's contemptable response to the original enquiry:

Originally Posted by BASSA Admin
Dear XXXXXX,

Your request for the audited accounts of the BASSA branch of Unite have been forwarded to me by XXXXX XXXXX. I have now had a chance to make enquiries on your behalf.

We have been made aware of a campaign on various discussion forums to expose alleged financial irregularity involving this branch. Your correspondence appears to repeat these insinuations. I can assure you that these allegations are completely baseless and potentially libellous.We cannot agree with your assertion that these branch accounts have been requested by "many members". In fact your request is the first such made to the best of my knowledge.

We have been told by the branch secretary that the accounts you are seeking are not available at this time. If at any time in the future they do become available for members and ex members to view, we will endeavour to make that known to you. As is common practice we will always insist that you view such accounts unaccompanied on Unite premises and in the strictest confidence.

If there are any further queries you have on the accounts of this branch please get back in touch with me directly.

In the meantime I thank you for your concern and for your continued support of Unite the Union.

In solidarity,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Other BASSA members and former members can set out similar concerns here, simply using this online form:

Certification Officer - Complaints

I am sure all Union members would welcome the easy availability of a route of escalation, supporting the "little man" in the fight for transparency against large, powerful and well financed organisations with a reputation for bully-boy tactics.