PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 09:54
VintageKrug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rather the question should be what has Duncan Holley got to lose (not loose) or hide from breaking the law and not making the BASSA accounts available to his members and former members.

You are, as is ever the BASSA way, personalising the discussion.

It's not a strategy which has worked, and nor will it.

I have nothing whatsoever to do with BA, BASSA, Unions, Union-bashing organisations such as the Burke Group, or the transport industry more generally and nor does anyone connected with me, if that's what you are implying.

In fact I believe very strongly that in lower paid cyclical industries such as BA, business-minded, pragmatic employee representation is essential. It would be good for BASSA to have the right leadership, though personally I think the "brand" is too damaged to ever recover.

This BASSA shower of a leadership team has woefully misrepresented its membership, but it is for its (ever diminishing) membership to realise this and take action itself.

Threads like this set that out, and provide the evidence required for people to make up their own minds, unlike other sites where dissention is censored and adult discussion stymied.

The transparency of the BASSA accounts are a matter for BASSA members/former members in the first instance, as the accounts themselves can only be made available to BASSA members or former members and not members of the general public.