PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 07:24
assymetricdrift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a no from me.

It's ok to give yourselves a new contract, which improves your pay by 28%. It's ok to give the managers a 9% payrise too.

It's ok to take out million pound loans to buy flats in London, interest free.
It's ok to take out up to £500000 worth of share in the company.
It's ok to do that with more interest free loans from the company.

It's ok to say that we're all valued and that we all work so hard for the company and make it a great place to work.

So come on then, put your money where your mouth is Jim.

We don't want a large payrise, we just want a fair payrise.

We want to be able to live each month and not worry about that large gas bill because of a winter cold snap.

We want to go to work, and not worry about how the Car Tax is going to be paid for this year.

We want to be able to afford car services, MOTs and other important financial items that need to be done on a regular basis.

I would quite like to be able to save some money each month, when I'm back in the UK, so that maybe someday, I can afford to buy a house. Because I'm bugger nowhere near it at the moment.

It would be incredibly nice to actually not have ANY financial worries at all.

And yet, out there, people stuck in other jobs, earn far more than we ever will in this company.

It's time for you to change your mentality Jim. FlyBE could be a great place to work, but it needs to change from the top downwards. It's no longer that training airline that you inherited, it's a major regional player, that is listed as a PLC in London, with up to 160 brand new E-jets coming along, and major expansion plans across Europe. So stop with this STUPID MENTALITY THAT YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW, and make us a better offer on pay.

Jack Walker would be turning in his grave at what you are doing to this company, Jim. Bear that in mind please.