PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2011, 00:33
SmilingKnifed

L'enfant Terrible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management,

I know you troll these forums, so let me put it in the simplest terms available to me.

I'm proud to be part of Flybe, we've risen from an irrelevant Jersey airline to a major player in a short space of time and I like to think that, in a miniscule way, I contributed to that.

I'm not asking to get rich, far from it. I'm a professional and every day, I go to work with fellow professionals, people whom I consider some of the best pilots and cabin crew in the industry. I take a real pride in what I do. I fly a high workload aeroplane, to high workload airfields and I aim every time to do so to the absolute best of my abilities, even when tired or stressed from wondering how I'll pay my bills.

All I want is to be paid a comparable rate to my peers in other companies, have a reasonable amount of time off to recharge my batteries and be treated as the intelligent adult I know myself to be. In exchange you will never hear from me. I will take the odd extension, work the odd day off and do my utmost to improve us as a company.

If you would rather treat me as a lesser being than you, insult my intelligence and attempt to pay me beans whilst lining your own pockets, I will sit idly on my behind and watch as your company gets f*cked into a tinker's bucket. I will ignore your edicts from on high, do the bare minimum as required when I work and exercise my legal right to withdraw my labour. It will cut me to the core in many ways, as I have invested time in seeing this company and my many friends within it, go from strength to strength. But do not think for a second that I bluff.

You stand at a precipe. I know you haven't the capacity to replace me quickly and I also know that the CAA will be concerned if you suddenly have to start pairing 2000 hr captains with 200 hr F/Os. We can be a long term success or I can be complicit in your failure. Which is it to be?