PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2011, 20:59
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for technical reasons I can't read the report. oh well.

it is interesting to note that all of you indicate the approaches were conducted below published CAT I mins. Illegal and Unsafe...what more can be said? Unless there is some problem understanding the english language.

I asked early on what position the stab trim select switch was in...this would indicate the pilot flying.

One poster says the copilot was flying...very odd for such low visibility...but many things seem odd.

It is interesting that there was a mechanical voice calling: Minimums and a human voice saying continue....if I had been flying I would have said: Continue, runway lights in sight or something a bit more definitive.

one poster said that CAT II DA//DH was 100'...well, most are, but some are 150', like KDCA.

Even busting mins could lead to a safe landing if everything went well...just follow the GS/LOC till you smack the runway...you might break your teath, or the gear, but u shouldn't be flipping over.

IF a go around was attempted(again I don't have the report) if the engines didn't both come up evenly, it would be a bit dicey...but they usually do come up ok...IF PROPERLY TRIMMED AND MAINTAINED.

Or could there have been a moment of two pilots trying to fly one plane at the same time...one wanting to go up, the other going down? one trying to go left, the other right?

stuff happens...its like threading a needle, at night, using black thread with welders' goggles.

anywhere in the final report, does it say: WE ARE GOING TO FLY BELOW MINS TO GET IN BECAUSE we will lose our jobs otherwise?