PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2011, 18:29
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st approach commenced/continued with RVR way below legal minima, height recorded at go around below 100ft. Even allowing for sink during the G/A, it seems that the DECISION HEIGHT was not respected.
2nd approach commenced with RVR less than half the required minima, min height achieved during go around 100ft, give or take, comment as above.

No real surprises that the 3rd approach, which only had required RVR from about 11 until 9 miles was the straw that broke the camels back.
Legal to commence, illegal to continue beyond OM or equivalent fix.

It is fine to say , well 500 is nearly 550, but it was illegal, albeit not on the scale of the 2 criminally negligent previous attempts.

In this day and age, in a European environment ,with a European crew, I am genuinely shocked at the total disregard for the rules, and even more so by the total lack of understanding by the 2 crew that it just wasnt likely to work.

I cant find a smiley for shakes head in disbelief, that is the one I want.
Sad, really really sad, for anyone buying a ticket and expecting to be transported in a safe and legal manner. They had every right to expect better than this cowboy outfit have provided.