PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A pilot’s quest to remain at the top
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2011, 14:11
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really have no dog in this fight , but I guess I pipe up because I am so strongly against "other forces" determining ones destiny. I'm a strong believer in making ones own decisions and standing by them and reaping the rewards or consequences.
I believe this is both the strength and flaw in your position. At first blush, it all sounds very grand and noble, "determining ones destiny" and whatnot. But did not every pilot at Air Canada "make their own decisions" to join based on the conditions offered to them? Did not until very recently, those conditions include mandatory retirement at age 60?

So who exactly is not "standing by their decision"? Seems like Top Gun in the paper there, doesn't like the consequences of his decision to accept the AC terms of employment he accepted, lo those 39 years earlier. It's not hard to see why the public isn't buying his bull****. He could at least have TRIED not to come across as so self-serving.

I'm pretty sure this is why pilots making wages less than this clown's pension have fought against these "other forces" you mention.