PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meloz and 89
Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2002, 13:53
ico330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear ANFO,

I for one would like clarification on the grey area of those who joined the two incumbent airlines between March 1990 and 1991.
Although you were politically correct to return after March 1990 is it not true if you didnt contact the two airlines prior to the "magic date" you wouldn't get a guernsey anyway. I have that on good authority being personally told that by one of the managers at the time. In his words "what a pity you didn't make contact with us, even a phone could would have sufficed". I believe there exists a group of pilots who lurk around just outside the "list" and profess not to have any involvement in the dispute. After all this time, admit exactly when you did make your application whether by telephone, or in writing. Or if you asked to put your application in the drawer until after the dust settled. I succinctly remember guys in the G.A. company I worked for getting the call up over vastly experienced turbo prop captains, who honourably did not contact the airlines during the protracted dispute. My thoughts are always with that group of gentlemen who still remain in G.A. to this day and are the true "victims" of this whole situation. I am personally sick to death of listening to all of the aforementioned "scabs" whining that they have not been handed jobs on a platter from the likes of Virgin, Emirates and Dragonair. I remember trying to obtain help from some of you in getting my job back but to no avail. The adage "what goes around comes around" appears particularly apt just now. Greybeard, I hope that you enjoyed your cake and the next time I am passing I look forward to a lamb roast. Cheers.