PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2011, 10:36
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NJT: A very warm welcome to the nostalgia thread on Rotorheads and bravo on trawling through twenty odd pages of blitter-blat trivia!

It was my godfther, Col. Bob Smith (Ferranti Helicopters), who told me about the espisode when Peter the Cad wanted to warm himself up and decided to select the cabin heat while his trusty engineer was round the side with the cowlings up. I hope he bought you a beer .. and a new coat!

Now of course, thanks to PPRuNers such as Helipixman and FAStoat (the latter from the stiff-wing nostalgia thread), I have no clue as to whether this incident happened with BAKU, BUX or CHOC!

Planning to be in the UK later in the year and to meet up with TRC and VRF440 and it would be good if you could also make this shindig!

There's also an http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/443...licopters.html thread (some have asked why) but I believe once sufficient nostalgic evidence has been collected the reason will become clear.

Again welcome, and we look forward to your reminicences from those days when things were, well let's just say .. different.

Best

S.