PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2011, 09:40
NJT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well- I don't know where to start !

There I was yesterday googling to see if my old employer was still with us and I arrive here. The first page I looked at mentioned me ! It has taken an age to read the whole thing, but very interesting and nostalgic.

I was deputy CE at AMH 1977-79. I remember most of these aircraft. I came out of a/c engineering straight after that so my memories have not been smudged by years of different aircraft.

G-AZYB belonged to George ? who owned the Mazda dealership in Bordon. Broxford motors I belive. It was one of the first tasks I was given as the new and only A/B 47 licenced engineer in 77. It was in a bit of a sad state with the old 200hp Franklyn engine's hours having been extended for the last time. I told Roy (chief) that we had to source a new donkey from America. Mark (salesmanager) was delighted and decided that this would be a great time to talk George into upgrading. This was a waste of time as he loved the machine.

TRC, Dave Hessey and myself set about the 1200hr check and fitting a (£7000) new engine. All went well and George was delighted.

How are you Tom? That is me watching you playing with G-Tally pedals. I've still got all my hair (not quite the same colour)

How are you Geoff, remember across London on 5 cyls in G-Lift?

And yes it was my bloody coat !! more about that later!