PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-111 Retirement
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2011, 07:26
GAFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QAM has a Caribou,it has/had Asbestos and you delt with it. That box should be ticked for the F111 then.

Demil costs, how much does really cost to remove the pave-tack and other weapons systems. Give me a pair of pliers a screwdriver (and a hamer just in case). Open up a few panels and I will cut a few wires and the bloody thing will be demiled. If they want, I will remove some controls in the cockpit all for free! One hit with a hamer to the sensor on the pave-tack pod and it's demiled.

US Govt end user restrictions. Yet the US Govt gave the Darwin museum a B52 while the USAF still operate them, how does that work.

The US Govt trust the Intrepid Museum to not only having aircraft such as the Blackbird, A6, A4 etc, the museum is on a former aircarft carrier. And the Museum of flight at BFI also has a blackbird, B52, A4, A6, F14, AV8C, F4 and a YF5A. They are American museums, but they are civilian and the US GOV is happy for them to have military aircraft so why can't a civilian museum in Australia have a similar aircraft ie the F111?

Keep it in the news, most Aussies don't want to see the F111C's destroyed.