PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Broadband!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2011, 16:11
Fareastdriver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Virgin Broadband!!!!!!!!!

Just before Xmas I telephoned Virgin Broadband’s Customer Service number and requested a MAC No so that I could change my supplier. This was acknowledged and I were promised a MAC in five working days. Around the 10th Jan I queried were the MAC No was and I was left holding for 10 minutes before I gave up. I tried on other occasions to get through but gave up as there was no reply.

On the 26th January I again contacted their support staff and this time I got an email saying that the MAC No was on its way.

On the 10th February I phoned again to find out where the MAC No was. I received the most preposterous explanation that I have ever heard.
‘Your line is too old. to require a MAC No.’
I immediately telephoned BT who confirmed that it was a recent installation with a capability of 20 Mgs and it definitely needed a MAC No which was not surprising as Virgin required one 18 months ago.
I telephoned again and a different operator said he would sort it out and behold, another email promising a MAC No.

The telephone bills, as a result of calling their Customer service number were getting ridiculous so I sent a letter to Virgin Media, Great Portland Street on the 4th March by RECORDED DELIVERY , detailing the above problems and asking for my MAC No by the fastest possible means. I also included copies of both the MAC No emails that they had sent.

They would have got the latter, at the latest, by the 7th March.

It is now the 15th March. Not a Dickie Bird.

Has anybody any ideas of what I should do next. As far as I can see they are wilfully denying me my MAC No so that they can continue charging me for a broadband service I do not want. I could stop the direct debit but that would probably cut off my internet. Writing to an ombudsman would take months. I am not going through the pantomime of calling their Customer Service No any more because they are useless.

Anybody know Richard Branson’s telephone number?