PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2011, 22:48
Captian Desi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, it's official for me, I'm turning down the offer for the Stage1 interview, since I've been offered 2 jobs in 1 week. One for the Learjet60 and the second on the B737. Now I just have to decide, which one to choose. Both have their pros and cons, I'm young, single, no wife, no kids nor planning having one in the near decade.
@ FasterStronger - I would take the Learjet , after a few years jump onto something bigger , it also depends on how much flying you will do - if both the opportunities allow for equal amount of flying then learjet other wise go with somthing that keeps you in the air longer .

anyway a good call , IMHO I don't think that the Cadet Pilots of the Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme are getting paid enough , though they have topped up the offer with extra 10K - for an abInito entry you are still stuck with a contract for 6 years . IMEHO (in my extremely humble opinion ) If you are eligible for the TT / AE entry might think about it , but otherwise STAY AWAY FROM CATHAY PACIFIC CADET PILOT PROGRAMME - YOU WILL BE BETTER OF ELSEWHERE FINANCIALLY.