PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2011, 18:34
Shellby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I sent in my application to NATS last week and took the online test and was successful. I was then invited for Stage one assessment. I was offered the choice of three dates at Prestwick. I live in Hampshire so I emailed to see if they had anything else a bit closer and they said no! So I have a flight booked to Glasgow from London on the 19th May (test is the 20th) but can't find a flight that willl get me there in time for a 9.15am test! Staying in the Travel Lodge at the airport.

I have spent the last hour reading through this very informative thread and would kindly like to ask a couple of questions.

1) I haven't got a back ground in aviation, I drive coaches for a living, but fancy a new career. I would like to get as much info as possible and visit a ATC if possible? Is this possible?

2) My maths skills are not the best and I am a bit nervous! I am putting in as much time as possible for revision. Is there anywhere else I can practice for the maths?

3) I'm trying to remain positive, but it seems to me that most people going for the ATCO positions are Uni grads. I completed my A Levels, but then went into full time employment. I have to work really hard as I am not blessed with a photographic memory!

Do you think NATS will be impressed that it's going to cost me £200 to get to Prestwick (flights/hotel etc)? Surely this would put some people off? I'm not after any brownie points, just wanted to know others opinions?

Is the test centre within walking distance of Prestwick airport?

Many thanks