PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB's new EBA
Thread: VB's new EBA
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2002, 04:55
Home Brew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Interceptor, the AFAP is only going to be as effective and stong as the commitment and input of all its members. Its only by DJ pilots giving an input into the Feds (or any other organisation) that changes can be achieved. As "tightcannon" says "Divide and conquer" is an effective management tool.

However, I suspect that a lot of newer guys are relectant to be noticed, by the "Valley Castle", taking a stand here. While this EBA states grounds for dismissal, etc, its so easy to forget the basic rights of every worker in this country of three written warnings, before dismissal. Also the right to challenge every warning, with some representative present when asked to "please explain".

As for the EBA, yes I to was hoping the money would improve, but all that is being offered is to give up the protection of ano 48 and embrace the excemption for a CPI increase. But somehow I don't see that (the excemption) reducing the rediculious high number of nights away from home (for a domestic operation that is).