PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jQ A330 on ground OOL
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2011, 14:11
positivegee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in NRT on Sat. night. @ ~ 10pm the terminal was shaking a bit and the locals were running for cover (all the signs above the check-in counters were shaking back and forth).

At about 3am I awoke to a tremmor that I thought was pretty bad that lasted about 10 seconds, about half an hour later, another tremmor hit (I was on the sixth floor) and I timed this one at about 20 seconds.

I remember hearing that the longer a tremmor lasts, the more chance of buildings collapsing!

I couldn't sleep after that one, wondering what to do if the walls started crumbling around me; things went through my mind like "should I get dressed ready to evacuate", "do I need to review the escape exits?", "If I write a will now, will it be valid if it does get found?". Pretty scary stuff really.

At about 1030am, another big tremmor hit (6.2 apparently) and that really shook the joint. I was very glad to get out of there and wondered if any crew would be willing to fly back there with all of the safety concerns.

The earthquake threat is bad enough to stop me going back, but add the threat of deadly radiation exposure...that just tops the cake!