PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett Australia To Be Born Again ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2002, 03:21
FloatJockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I still believe some people should scan carrots from a conveyor belt for a while ... just to discover what frustration is all about and help them getting rid of their arrogance...

So you are ex Ansett... you had your "wings clipped"... and what makes you think you deserve a better chance than anybody else? Your previous experience and "lovely" attitude?
Thankfully I've met ex AN people that think differently: instead of expecting other airlines' compassion and preferential treatment, they are working hard towards getting another honest chance in the industry (pilots included) and they know competition is high. Work on yourself instead of blaming the airlines and criticizing happy QF workers! I'm sure learning another language, applying for other jobs in hospitaliy, applying to smaller airlines, making new friends in the industry, etc. can contribute to your success!
(I can't stress enough about the importance of NETWORKING! )

On the other hand, there are people in this country with great personality, excellent customer service, positive energy, foreign languages, motivation etc. etc. but no previous cabin crew experience. Do you think they get a fair chance? Do you hear them complaining? It is okay to blaim 911 for a while... then AN collapses and they remain on the bottom of the list because there are hundreds of qualified, unemployed ex AN workers to be interviewed and hired before them... still, after a year, half of the people turning up to the interviews I've been to where ex-AN!

I could mention at least 10 names of wannabes I've met through this forum that would be fantastic cabin crew!! They would work for ANY airline, would that be QF, VB, REX or anyone allowing them to realize their dream. They wouldn't complain about the money, roster, allocated base, seniority and all that stuff I hear ex-AN people complaining about, even before they start the job! (I however agree unions are important and the profession wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for the energy of many cabin crew fighting for their rights!).

Let's welcome SQ with open arms and hope they'll give us a fair go, by conducting a proper selection process... (to me "us" means ex AN workers, Australian wannabes, Asians, Europeans or Africans... in NO specific order, without discrimination!!)

...and YES, I believe in KARMA...

I invite you, SKYSTAR1, to read something I posted not long ago on this forum, called "Eternal Truths"... Good luck to you!

Mrs. FloatJockey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick personal notes:

Thanks KSD333 for the info regarding REX. It's people like you that make this forum enjoyable . (Btw, I hope you got my letter)

Peanut Pusher, I'm leaving around Oct. 20th... I need to check what the sky looks like on the other side... but I'll be back in a couple of years... ready to kick b**** with a bran new and shiny visa!! Uh!

Last edited by FloatJockey; 12th Sep 2002 at 05:23.