PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ag Pilot Job - Very funny ad!
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2011, 08:03
rachbuzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answer is

The ad lists the things that I do not want in any employee, nor Operator, nor Farmer, nor the Industry in general, as it states I want to promote Best Practise not Common Practise. As I was only looking to employ a Pilot, the advertisement only made reference to pilots. Had I required a mixer, Operator, CASA representative, landholder, etc, etc, the ad would have read very much the same. I am not niave to the downfalls of all parties, myself included.

Pilots, Operators, whomever, it is already a case of being tarred with the same brush, just look at the assumptions made about how my business is conducted. In an industry that relies on honest, open communication there is way too much bull****.

It is part of this Companies Business Plan (and was prior to what you might find trawling through recent ATSB final reports) to attempt to have inadequacies in industry practices and standards recognised and addressed, particularly in relation to safety. One of the ways of doing that was by employing the right people, hence the no frills ad.

Surprisingly it seems a lot of people here think it was written about them, sorry to disappoint. However amongst the comments here, I do believe there may be an ex employee (with all the NO traits) within the ranks, but who knows, Im the only one whose identity is public.