PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2011, 05:39
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A copy of a post I made on another thread but relevant to the Inquiry so posted here for ease of reference to those who are interested.

McGrath

WRT the Sharp cadetship the evidence given by the Sobey's was nothing but a gripe about not qualifying for being able to offer FEE-HELP. Sharp disclosed their turnover at apprx. $16m, I wonder how much of that is generated by Gen Y's signing up for their cadetship?

They want the ability to offer FEE-HELP assistance to provide a route for them to sell dreams to young kids and get access turnover funded by the public coffers.

My Grandad once told me 'Where there is money, there is someone trying to get their hands on it!!'. This is very true. The art of becoming rich is identifying a source of money and then devising a method by which to channel it in your direction.

Mr Sobey went on to tell the Senate Inquiry that the cost of their cadetship cost $100,000 and Mrs Sobey testified that there was a job at the end of it.

My sources tell me that there is a job at the end of it, so no lies there but what was misleading is that Mrs Sobey did not disclose that the job offerred at the end of the cadetship was one of ground ops / baggage handler with the carrot of getting a shot in the RHS of a Metro.

I think the Senator assumed that the job at the end was a job that reflected the $100,000 of training that the individuals had just paid for!!!

Just another example of where evidence of individuals has been tainted to reflect the commercial interests of the organisations they represent.

As I have said, cadet Programs are marketing gimmicks to keep the cash flow, turnover and profits up. I hope the Senators see through this smoke and mirror act and realise the Pilot Training and what goes on is one of Australian Aviation's dirty little secrets. Especially when it is paid up front, something that those who have been stung will know too well. You just get buggered about.
More to Follow

The Kelpie