PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ flights cancelled due to one pilot calling in sick?
Old 13th Mar 2011, 23:22
distracted cockroach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar NZ flights cancelled due to one pilot calling in sick?

Just watched a report on 3 News where J* pax were delayed all around NZ last night when "a pilot fell ill". According to the telephone voice from Melbourne "we tried to call in pilots on their days off but none were able to assist"
Well I guess another case of what goes around, comes around. I'd be in no rush to come to work on rostered days on that contract, let alone my days off!! Are manning levels so critical at J* NZ that one pilot being sick can bring the schedule to a grinding halt?
Typical interviews with annoyed passengers who had not been advised of delays or cancellations despite having provided J* with their mobile numbers when making bookings. Apparently those not able to be rebooked on Air NZ flights were given accomodation and "a voucher" and rebooked on another flight this morning.
Be interested to hear the real story behind this...I know that whatever the media say is partial truth at best. What say you J* NZ pilots?