PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2011, 22:41
cefey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I took only the few examples of the bankrupcy they gave, that's bot the entire list, and of course we don't mention all the airlines who didn't go to bankruptcy but got rid of part of their pilot.
Cool. Now, thanks to PPRuNe Towers, I looked randomly at 5 companies.
Alpi Eagles 8 foker 100, 2 boeing
AirClass Airways 1 boeing.
Omskavia 3 Tu154
Vyborg Airlines 2 Il
Siem Reap Airways International - 3 airplanes

In that article, it said, 25 companies, went bankrupt OR ceased their operation. So, it was 25 companies that went bankrupt. "25" is including ceased operation.

So, out of 5 companies I googled, 60 pilots lost their jobs (3 pilots for 1 airplane).
You must have used quite much time, to find companies with 16 or even 50 airplanes) Too bad PPRuNe Towers towers published the list and I could google it(

So, 25 companies WORLDWIDE going bankrupt. Biggest on is 50 airplanes, smallest one is 1 airplane. Average is like 10? No exactly something you call major airliner.
So it seems like your wiki-article is counting for airliners, any companies that have 1 or more jets.
So, how many companies around the world, own at least 1 jet-plane? For sure more then 10.000.
To compare, in 2006 SAS had around 2500 pilots. Since then they have increased their fleet quite much.
So, all pilots that lost their jobs, due to high oil-prices is something like 1 major company.

Now, lets think for a while. Do companies go bankrupt from time to time? Sure they do.
So, oil-crisis just killed 25 minor companies, that already had big issues?

And as a result, no one hiring for 3 years, not even pilots with 2000+hrs on type.

I still stand by my word.
Did doble in oil price had impact in aviation? Yes.
Is situation we have today, caused by that? No, global crisis have to take the blame.
90% global crisis, 10% oil prices.

Do you want to be my best friend and get me a job? Ill buy you a beer. What do you like, Guinness or Corona?
Cheers