PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is pilot job market picking up at all??
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2011, 21:23
KAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, where aviation is today, was not caused by high oil-price back then. That affected maybe 1%. Lets even say 10%. But you still have 90% because of crisis.
Don't try any calculation/percentage straight from your imagination. The truth is that you have no clue.

So, if we gonna again have such high prices, will that "kill" aviation, like CRISIS did? No. It may give bad times for 6 months or even a year. But then it will be fine.
It will be fine? You still don't get it do you?

So it absolutely wrong, to claim that "oil prices is picking up again, aviation gonna be dead". Well, maybe companies gonna stop expending and stop HIRING for some time (while high oil prices, 6-12 months). But then good trend will continue.
Sure, it will be slightly more competitivity for a job, since it was little hiring for a year. But low-hour pilot will NOT have to compete with some1 with 15000hrs on type.
So marked is not that bad, unless you think we gonna have new global crisis.
Each time we have a fuel crisis (1973, 2008), each time aviation is directly affected.

PS: Im sorry if somewhere I was disrespectful or rued. I felt you stated that tone. And I dont like to type same thing n-times and people just ignoring it, and keep asking same question.
No offence.
If you are a student pilot as I think, you'd better start to make contacts instead of saying everybody is wrong if you want to have more chance to land a job.