PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2011, 20:32
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
British Airways- DEP Longhaul Recruitment

I have heard, from more than one source within BA training, that BA intends to recruit a small (20-30?) number of direct entry pilots to the B744 from September and onwards. The company had expected to fill B744 positions from internal postings, but apparently overall B744 training requirements will be above that which the B744 training department can cope with. Obviously, type-rated applicants would be preferred by BA, but they don't know that there will necessarily be enough suitable applicants.

More recently there has been talk of BA, perhaps, being willing to accept some RAF applicants if they are licensed and have heavy jet experience. That sounds to me like you VC10, Tristar, C17, Nimrod and Sentry lot! BA may do this through the RAF Managed Path scheme - you are regsitered aren't you? The figure of over "2000 hours experience" is also being bandied about but whether that is total time, or heavy jet time, I don't know.

So, my advice would be to keep your ears and eyes open, ensure your CV is up to date, and start thinking about all the blurb that a BA on-line application requires (ask your mates!). Same goes for recruitment procedures that occur at Cranebank/Riverside. If you are not prepared when a (narrow) recruitment window opens, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

[There is little point in sending me PMs asking for any more info - it is all in this post, I don't know any more.]