PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zenon B744
Thread: Zenon B744
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2011, 20:47
Tommy Tilt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct, Iraqi Airways.
Not only should this raise red flags for the airline and location, but also for the agency Zenon. The clown running Zenon is a former recruiter for Wynnwith. I say clown, because only a clown would stipulate contract conditions requiring the pilot to pay a fee to an offshore accountant in order to receive their salary! You will also have to sign a release to indemnify Zenon should you not be paid if the operation folds. However, you can rest assured that Zenon will have been paid all fees in advance. There will be a good chance the operation will fold at some point due to the continued legal action against any Iraq airline by the sate of Kuwait, including aircraft seizure at foreign locations.
As a recruitment ploy, Zenon has even referred to a current article detailing this position in Airliner World magazine. The author states; "My current agency Zenon placed me with my current contract and has exceeded my expectation in looking after me..." Oh really, $10k per month as a B744 Captain to live and operate out of a war zone, is not what I would consider as being "looked after". Would you?