PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A pilot’s quest to remain at the top
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2011, 20:32
a330pilotcanada

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
The following is a sample of the readership from the Globe and Mail.

If this is an average response I would be ashamed to wear a Air Canada uniform right now.

Score: 35
Name withheld
Battling Ignorance
8:35 PM on March 11, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Battling Ignorance. Show DetailsHide Details
The article & the pilot involved seem to have missed two things.
Retirement at age 60 was negotiated & written into the contract decades ago. This greedy pilot knew that retirement was at 60 from the day he was hired.
The reason he is now #1, (and been in the top 10 for years) was because everyone else ahead of him retired at 60, allowing him to move up.
Now that everyone else got out of his way it seems he wants the rules changed...it was fine you retire d & let me be #1, but now that I'm here I think the rules should change so I can stay here...to hell with all the rest of you.
You will be despised on the flight line for the greed & arrogance.
0 replies1 reply 0 replies1 reply Please wait while we perform your request.
Abuse Reported Report Abuse

Score: 28
Name withheld
gb_eh
7:56 PM on March 11, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore gb_eh. Show DetailsHide Details
Hey.. you have a negotiated contract between your union and the company... stop your moaning and go to Turkey...
nice_try
9:55 PM on March 11, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore nice_try. Show DetailsHide Details
For 39 years Mike has enjoyed watching about 50-100 pilots retire ahead of him, allowing him to move up the list. Do you think this guy ever said a word about it? Of course not....that's why he's #1...and he let's everyone at the airline know his number. Now, 50 days before retirement, he's found religion.
What a tool this guy is.
And by the way...a good dye job can make a guy look younger, but that bent stoop, a bad back, and cracking bones are a dead giveaway.
Enjoy Turkey.

British Canadian
11:20 PM on March 11, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore British Canadian. Show DetailsHide Details
If he is looking for sympathy - sorry - no dice.

10 grand a month! Probably health and dental. Definitely cheap airfare.

My god son, your wife should slap you.

Score: 21
Name withheld
Ms Auga
10:04 PM on March 11, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Ms Auga. Show DetailsHide Details
The ONLY reason he is #1, is because hundreds of pilots before him were forced to retire. Now it's your turn. If you want to keep flying, and spend a huge part of your time away from your wife, instead of using your pension and enjoying your free time with her, then I personally think you have a bigger issue that needs to be addressed.
1 replies1 reply 1 replies1 reply Please wait while we perform your request.

Score: 5
Name withheld
Thames
10:16 PM on March 11, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore Thames. Show DetailsHide Details
Or maybe he should buy a Cessna and take his wife flying. Good points.

Score: 19
Name withheld
enormity
10:59 PM on March 11, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore enormity. Show DetailsHide Details
Brent Jang seems to omit some of the most important points. This Captain has created, through his 39 years of votting within a collective union, a system which pays him around $230,000 a year, and at least 400 of his junior peers less than $70,000 a year. His pension will be greater than those 400 pilots wages. Instead of comming up with any sensible ideas of how to fix this pay disparity, this gentleman along with his 150 top paid friends have decided that their human rights are being violated within the system which they built. The CHRT is now involved to assist these poor soles remain where they are (based solely on seniority) while those 400 junior pilots can suck it up and remain at $70,000 a year until those above him die off of natural causes, I guess. Funny how these top paid over 60 gentlemen will require a babysitter under the age of 60 to fly with them, at half their wage or less.

Score: 16
Name withheld
9:32 PM on March 11, 2011
This comment has violated our Terms and Conditions, and has been removed.
3 replies1 reply 3 replies1 reply Please wait while we perform your request.

Score: 13
Name withheld
i smile
5:54 AM on March 12, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore i smile. Show DetailsHide Details
Give it up.You had a job you loved, and you get a fantastic pension. Now, it is time to find a conscience, and give the young people a chance. Speaking of that, the way things are today, the people who can retire, and are financially able to, do the young, the highest unemployed among us,a favour. To not step aside, the young think is extremely selfish, and no question, they are absolutely right!

Score: 13
Name withheld
69rooster
11:31 PM on March 11, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore 69rooster. Show DetailsHide Details
I wonder did this Mike Ennis speak up when older, more senior pilots retired ahead of him, thereby allowing Mr. Ennis to get to be at the top of the seniority list, or did he quietly sit by and wait until he was in the top 10%?
1 replies1 reply 1 replies1 reply Please wait while we perform your request.

Score: 6
Name withheld
nice_try
12:08 AM on March 12, 2011
This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore nice_try. Show DetailsHide Details
Top 10%?
My God, this guy might have maintained a shred of respect amongst his peers if he started his crusade when he was #300.
No, no, no....this clown waited until he was in the op half of the top 1%.
And I can guarantee you that he knows where every penny went. His cheapness is insulting to actual cheap people.

Last edited by a330pilotcanada; 12th Mar 2011 at 20:39. Reason: spelling